Saturday, January 28, 2012

I haven't sung in a long time. Not as much as croak out a tune or two.  I used to sing. Now I only listen. For someone who likes singing, this is heartbreaking.

The last time I sang was November 2011. In 2012, the closest to singing that I got to was humming. If the world's gonna end, somebody bring me to a KTV and let me get hoarse singing out my throat!

Frog singer from R. Michelson Galleries


--
On a side note, I've somehow expanded my music library that with the swanky re-discovered artists that I'm slowly getting addicted to. Note to self: must post a well-expounded write-up on each artist or at least their songs.

For now, I'll just do the typical listing without the belabored explanations. I could go on to argue of course that these artists really don't need introductions anymore... but let's not go into that. Note to self: must really post a fan girl-ish write up before the weekend comes to a close!



1. Bob Dylan's Tangled Up in Blue


2. Belle and Sebastian's The State I Am In 


3. Nirvana's About A Girl 


4. PJ Harvey's Down By The Water 


5. Cathy Dennis' Too Many Walls 

Apparently, I've gone totally 90s and waaaaay back with my song selection. I haven't had the chance to listen to songs on the radio so I don't know any good current acts. I should try to live in the present more often. Hahahaha.

Regardless, I hope the top 5 (in no particular order) provides good balance to what's currently playing. These songs, after all, can withstand time and still sound 'current' no matter what year. 



0 comments: