Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Dickens x Dylan x Cyrus

Charles Dickens celebrated his 200th birthday yesterday. He has a body of work that remains relevant until today and not one of it I've read. Sure I'm familiar with the plots of A Tale of Two Cities, Great Expectations, and what-have-you... but I've never actually read a Dickens.


I wonder how many people around here's like me. 

For the auditory,  I found some audiobooks in Jessica Zafra's blog. It's a pretty neat collection with Hugh Laurie lending out his hotness in Great Expectations. 

---

Now that I'm done attempting to be litera(ture)lly relevant, I got a pleasant surprise. Miley Cyrus can sing! A friend introduced me to her cover of a Bob Dylan favorite, You're Gonna Make Me Lonesome When You Go. Both the recorded and the live versions rock! If she takes care of her voice, she might stay in the music industry longer than any other Disney star. 

Where does she get all these haters from when as far as I'm concerned, this rendition did justice to a Dylan favorite?



The song's a perfect chill-out company after a long day's work. 

Screw stigma, Miley can sing. I'm honestly looking forward to whatever album she's coming up with. Here's to hoping she doesn't disappoint. 

0 comments: