Saturday, January 29, 2011

Blueberry lipstick and Brad Pitt Schmooze

I had the most peculiar dream last night. In my dream, I was a princess who was mistaken for a queen. I had minions following me around as I was holding an audition for a palace stage play.

Then cut to a scene to a beach in my province. As it is, our sea is really far far far away from the coastline, which was faithfully reflected in my dream. I was with my brothers, my mother, my father, and my grandmother. We were carrying these picnic baskets with us and was arguing about a tricycle not going to fetch us. Anyhow, as we reached the cottage which was a good Commonwealth to SM North by foot, my lips started to become chappy so I dug in my mother's knapsack (which she doesn't really have in real life) and found what initially seemed to me a pretty blue lip gloss! So I hastily applied it and tadaaaaaaaaaaa! It wasn't really a lip gloss! IT IS A BLUEBERRY LIPSTICK with a blueberry flavor albeit having a just-been- kissed-reddish effect on the lips!

Cut to a bookstore. My mother was buying me a radio FTW! But then we decided that it's too expensive so I demanded for earplugs instead.

Rough cut to my princess life. I'm seeing Brad Pitt in his Troy outfit limping towards my throne. It was the most  adorable sight ever! He was clutching his side with his toned arms as his sword dangles while walking. Too bad... I never got the chance to speak to him. I had to wake up and face my voluminous readings eager to swallow me as soon as I lay my eyes on them.

Ever heard of something like 'living in a dream'? For a few minutes I considered doing just that. Though I cannot really see a logical reason why Brad Pitt was thrown into my dream. Maybe because he is a perfect prototype of female fantasy that has come to life? I don't know. I never really thought of him in that way.

I can understand the beach and the lipstick of course. I've been wanting to get away for so long now. Go to the beach and just have fun. Real life is proving to be a huge pain right now. My academic load pushing me to the limits. My work load being as demanding; you can't skip this or else... My relationship with people becoming really strained because of my being tired. My passions that I cannot pursue because life has to get in the way and take much of my time living it.Ok. It's not really as bad as it sounds but the worst part was not being able to do my laundry anymore. Doing the laundry is very relaxing for me as it gives me time to think and gives me a sense of having a normal life. Anyways, this laundry dream is a different entry all together.

My mind's way of reminding me about the things that make me happy.

...Like being with my mother in a bookstore buying a music player. Ok. We can actually remove buying, Just being with my mother in a bookstore right now is enough for me.

...Like being a royalty. Maybe not being a royalty but by the way royalties are treated. There was veneration, adoration, respect, in the way people treat these royals. I'm not exactly treated like a doormat but for the past few weeks, I feel like being one. Some guy taking me for granted leaving me all of a sudden, alone in a strange place. Some other people who find it really easy to drop me like a hot fat potato amid my need to just have them around. If I were a royal, I'd be treated with respect. And Mandy Moore would be my friend and Brad Pitt would come to me!

...Like surprises! Nobody really knows how I love love love surprises! Like finding out that what I thought was a lip gloss is actually a tasty lipstick with a color I love. See... It doesn't really take a lot to make me happy! Small surprises, inconsequential surprises, ANYTHING as long as there is an element of a pleasant surprise, I'd be instantly pleased.

Today may not be as beautiful as my dream but I have the lingering sweet taste of it to tell myself, STOP GETTING PISSED AND HAVE A NICE DAY!

0 comments: